Tuesday 25 January 2011

Dissertation consolation

I am sadly going through the most dreaded part of any degree, the dissertation, but today I discovered that I can do my methodology as a film analysis, which makes the task a little easier to handle. The films I have chosen are these bad boys.


This film was the first feature length film about punk. Wonderfully directed by Derek Jarman, this film is the inspiration for films like 'This is England' and is a great representation of 'the last subculture'


This films speaks volumes. It is the beautifully tragic story of Sid Vicious and his girlfriend Nancy. The Yoko Ono of the Sex Pistols this film is both funny and accurate. Something everyone should watch, especially if you too were disgusted by Johnny Rotten's butter advertisements. He was better than that once.


Finally, NEDS is currently in cinemas and I am yet to watch, but is said to be a true and brutal story of a boy who is forced in to gang culture, telling the story of some of the first juvenile delinquents of the 1970's.

No comments:

Post a Comment